Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I Love Bats!

So how often do you have bats near you or near your house? How often do you enjoy their company? Well, I happen to LOVE bats, and before work one morning, I had a pleasant surprise! I was walking our dogs out to the garage getting ready to take them to work with me when I felt something hit my shoe. I thought it was one of their leashes, so I flicked my leg to kick the leash off my foot and proceeded to load them up. When I noticed that the feeling of something on my foot didn't go away, I looked down to see what it was! And, to my astonishment, I had a little bat on my shoe! And boy was he clinging on for dear life! He must have fallen from the side of our garage door when I opened it. I'm so glad he landed on my shoe and didn't hit the ground! I quickly pulled out my phone to A) Snap pictures, and B) Call Adam. "You HAVE to come down and see this!!" We checked him over to make sure he wasn't injured, and then Adam grabbed a pair of gloves and slowly and carefully peeled him off of my shoes. We named him Charles Xavier, and planned on hiding him somewhere safe (since so many people are afraid of bats and would possibly try to hurt him);  but as soon as we went to place him somewhere, he took off! Glad that he wasn't injured, I waved goodbye to him and asked him to visit again soon!

Fact: You are more likely to get Rabies from a stray cat than from a bat. Fact: The reason they "Swoop" by your head at night is because your head creates heat and that is where all of those yummy bugs like to buzz around and annoy the heck out of you! So, really, you should thank those bats!


No comments:

Post a Comment