Saturday, September 17, 2011

Surprise Getaway

Well, my wonderful Adam knows how much I love surprises. And, even though I ended up figuring out the surprise not long before this little trip, we went anyway and had an absolute blast! He got tickets to two different Brewers games. One was on Tuesday evening and one was Wednesday evening. He worked it out with my boss and got me off work; we dropped the doggies off at my mom's and off we went!
The first day in Milwaukee we went shopping, he took me to the Mitchell Park Domes (Very cool place!) and had dinner before going to the game. We played the Colorado Rockies and won! Ryan Braun hit a walk-off home run to win the game! WOOT! Not to mention, Adam caught his first foul ball and was absolutely ecstatic!


We checked into our hotel room about 11:30pm and both crashed! The next day, we checked out of the hotel and had some more time to burn since the second game didn't start until 7pm. We were going to visit the Harley Davidson museum, but wanted to check out the Zoo first. We were at the Milwaukee Zoo for a good 3 hours and loved seeing all the animals! My favorites are always the otters, the bats, and the giraffes. We had lunch at the Flamingo Cafe where the peacocks wait around to pick up your scraps! After we left, we realized we only had about 2 hours to burn before we had to head to the game. Not enough time to fully take in the HD museum! So, I asked him if we could visit the Wisconsin Humane Society (and of course, he agreed!) It was an absolutely BEAUTIFUL shelter! The facility is set up very friendly to everyone including the animals. There is a "Royal Cat Hotel", a small animal room, an adoptable cat room, 3 different dog halls-my favorite, of course-and a wild life room. They also have a Veterinarian and a Groomer on site! Amazing.
The second Brewers game was not a win, but fun nonetheless! We headed home around 11:30pm and again, crashed. At least we got to see our boys when we came home :)
Overall it was an amazing two day getaway and I am very grateful to have such a wonderful boyfriend who will surprise me for no reason at all <3

No comments:

Post a Comment